The Old Man and The Starfish






The Old Man and The Starfish



Everyday, an old man walked the beach with a pail, picking up starfish that had been washed in by the tide, and throwing them back into the sea.



One day a young boy stopped the old man and asked, "Why do you throw the starfish back? It does not matter. They will only wash up on the shore again tomorrow."



The old man picked out a starfish out of his pail, threw it as far as he could into the sea, and replied, "It mattered to that one."

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 10- Board Maker Plus

Today we had the opportunity to jump right into another beneficial program. Board Maker Plus gives students a voice allowing them to communicate with those around them.  It also allows educators to create individually texts helping to meet the goals of the student while allowing them to be an active part of the class.  I look forward to seeing what else the program has to offer.

 As overwhelming as it seems at times going through the A.T available.  It is not because the programs/ devices are not impressive and very beneficial but because there are so many, I feel that I will not use them to their full potential.  When I return to the classroom, it will be one of my goals to incorporate as many as possible so my students and the educational assistants in our room will not missing out on any A.T that would increase the students abilities to achieve their individual outcomes.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that all the information on different types of AT is overwhelming...I think we just need to pick a few to work on each year. It will also depend on the students you have year to year as certain programs will be more beneficial for them.

    I like the starfish story too! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete