The Old Man and The Starfish






The Old Man and The Starfish



Everyday, an old man walked the beach with a pail, picking up starfish that had been washed in by the tide, and throwing them back into the sea.



One day a young boy stopped the old man and asked, "Why do you throw the starfish back? It does not matter. They will only wash up on the shore again tomorrow."



The old man picked out a starfish out of his pail, threw it as far as he could into the sea, and replied, "It mattered to that one."

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

An overview of the class on Assistive Technology

This class has taught me so much.  In such a short time frame, we were able to cover so many valuable tools.  Although there were times that I felt so overwhelmed, I am so pleased with my ability to use each.  Like everything else, I feel these are skills/knowledge that must be used or it will be forgotten.  I was able to put a face on so many of the technologies that were introduced in thinking of how beneficial they would be for the student.

There were so many components that I found so inspiring.  I was able to see a lot through a different perspective and for that I am grateful. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jocelyne!
    Great blog! I agree, we learned so much in the course. It's hard to believe we've only been at it for two weeks and a bit. I am amazed with my comfort level with blogging, using the iTouch and even with Boardmaker. Like you, I think it will be important to make an effort to keep using what we've learned. (Love your National Geographic widget.)

    ReplyDelete